Habits That Encourage Conscious Consumption Of Electricity

Even though the transformation industries and the agricultural sector are largely responsible for electricity consumption in the world, civil society has a very important role when it comes to conscious consumption of energy. It’s that old story: if everyone does their part, the whole benefits enormously.

Thinking about this whole context, we decided to list some very simple and easy-to-adopt habits that encourage conscious consumption of electricity in today’s post and also consider a power company for management such as e360 Power, LLC. Ready to put our tips into practice and set an example for your kids? Then follow along:

Replace Incandescent Light Bulbs With LED

It’s a fact: incandescent light bulbs use only 10% of all the energy they consume to generate light. The other 90% is lost as heat. This type of lamp tends to get hot when lit for long periods. On the other hand, LED lamps to have extremely high efficiency, using practically all the energy they consume to generate light. As a result, they drastically reduce energy consumption and last much longer. Despite having a high cost, the purchase of LED lamps pays for itself quickly, given the great energy savings they provide. The results can be seen on the electric bill in the first month!

Unplug Appliances In Standby

You know that harmless habit of leaving your cell phone charger constantly plugged into the socket, even when it’s not being used? Because this seemingly harmless addiction can account for more than 10% of your total electric bill! So, only connect them when you are going to recharge the devices. In the same way, electronics that have the standby mode, with that bit of red light on constantly, spend a considerable amount of energy per month. The ideal is to unplug them from the socket when they are not used for a long time.

Use Air Conditioning Wisely

We live in a tropical world, with high temperatures practically all year round in most regions, right? And with the aggravation of global warming, which increased the average temperature across the planet, the air conditioning went from the category of luxury item to an almost essential item in many homes. However, as it is a device that consumes a lot of energy, it is necessary to use it consciously.

Set the thermostat to a pleasant temperature (around 24 degrees), keep the filters clean, and close doors and windows. These attitudes do not overload the device, making it spend less energy to cool the air. Also, always install the air conditioning in the upper part of the rooms. That’s because, as cold air is denser than warm air, it tends to descend. Thus, by being at the top, the cooling of the environment becomes more accessible and faster.

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.

More in:Energy